Sunday, March 02, 2008

In response to my post yesterday in which the cat comments were too good not to share with my five readers, here is commenter ,wise man, and musician Will's response. Looks like Will is really Walt whose website is here.
Will commented:

MY CAT (song lyrics)

My cat is like a drifting cloud,
He stands alone, but he’s a crowd,
He sees some things that are not there,
Or if they are, I’m not aware,
My cat is wont to disappear,
Then suddenly he’s standing near,
I think my cat’s a part of me,
The part that’s deepening mystery,
Sometimes his eyes take on a glaze
As if recalling ancient days
When his shadow swooped and slid
Across a gleaming pyramid,
My cat is sometimes like a mist,
A mist that’s exhibitionist,
He sleeps and dreams upon my knee,
Sometimes I think he’s dreaming me –

My cat is like a violin,
A subtle brew of yang and yin,
Something ancient, something new,
A watercolor fur haiku,
His essence is both earth and sky,
My little furry samurai,
Electric voltage in the night,
Tiger, tiger burning bright,
So like a marble Roman vase,
Bits of Venus, bits of Mars,
See him there in candle light,
He is his own archetype,
He’s something honest, something sly,
He can love and terrify,
He is straight, yet so contrary,
Another world’s emissary –

As to why I wrote this song,
Well, I will miss him when he’s gone,
He may leave and yet he stays,
A part of me throughout my days –

c. wm 2008

3/02/2008 11:07:00 AM

Blogger walt

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

T S Eliot also wrote some good cat verse,

Gecko said...

Indeed, "Old Possums' Book of Practical Cats" not to mention Henry Beards " French For Cats".

Anonymous said...

W put it well. Amazing Theo deserves an ode to his loving accomplishments.
S