Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day . Blessed are you amongst woman.

Here is the email that started my Mother's Day from an amazing young woman. I sure did get the luck of the draw with her, but just to let my five readers know, for what it's worth, I did love her first and more than Swiss Almond Chip ice cream.
Dear Mom,
As Mother's day approached I thought about how superficial this day actually was/is, flowers,chocolates,cards all these material items given to a woman to acknowledge the sacrifices they made and continue to make as they raise their children, the people of our future.....When Dad and I traveled through out Laos and Thailand, he kept explaining to me how this trip would open my mind as it did his to the massive respect that one must bear when it came to women, for women were the beings that held the weight of the world on their shoulders; So how could flowers, chocolates, or cards really express what mothers are to not only the individuals in their families but the world as a whole? It ends up seeming rather shallow when looked at in any way shape or form to just send a material item to express the beauty of motherhood.
It is only fitting that you spend your mothers day in the place where you met your mate , the man that you created life with and became a mother, by bearing me ,your little child, that has grown and continues to grow. As we all search for what our purpose is, re-evaluating our spiritual paths, our short term goals, our long term goals and doing all the emotional and intellectual work that we must to continue toward the truth, life happens. Life was created for me 27 years ago. I was given life from two people coming together in wanting and love to have a child, a family, a dream. The dream continues on as we move to new phases and maybe the dream wasn't exactly what imagined, especially when the little one( that was me) was crying in your ear at 1,2, 3am keeping you from any sort of sanity that you might have had....then as a teenager that pushed you away making you feel closed out, and worried that you didn't do a good enough job raising her...
From the moment born you kissed all the scrapes and scratches; you hugged me when I cried and held the space for me; you always were an ear from me to sound off on , to express my dreams, or frustrations , all of these things, just little things, that any mother would strive to do. You always took things a step above...You provided me with clothes, not just any clothing but always the most beautiful threads a girl could ask for, you fed me only the healthiest food, concerned always with my health, you read me the "cookie monster" over and over and over again always making it new with a new choice you made as the actress in you came flowing forward. Always planning trips to the snow, and to play in the sand. You never treated me as one that should be seen and not spoken to but rather always as a equal that had something to say, as you always took the time to listen, no matter how inane my ideas, philosophies were/are....Always loving me through every stage, always allowing me the space I needed to come to my own conclusions to what this crazy world meant to me.
Today is the day that as your child I thank you for all the times you were not thanked, all of the above and all the laundry you did of mine and all the shirts, towels, wet bathing suits and dishes you washed without acknowledgment. If Mom's got won Oscar's you would be the Mom that would win like ten, for best picture: also known as best life, best actress: for when you wanted to scream and didn't; for best supporting actress: when you stepped aside and let me shine when I needed to; for best sound track: for not sighing when I asked ,and you let me belt away "I will always love you"...you would get two of those for putting up with my repeating over and over Bob Marley 's Pimpers Paradise....The list is never ending. Thank you for loving me through every strange moment I have had, and continuing to pick me up and brush me off when I fall. I love you with all my heart, with all my heart, the life you have created for me is full of abundance, and the ability for gratitude. If I could capture all the Vanilla Swiss Almond in the world, then develop a drug that diffused all the bad effects of the sugar and fat in it, I would, and then I would give you all of it, and that would only symbolize 1 billion-eth of all my love for you. Remember I picked you, thus the conclusion is I loved you first.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

Love you~
Me
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Windows Live SkyDrive lets you share files with faraway friends. Start sharing.

1 comment:

Bob's Blog said...

Wow! Congratulations on raising such a wise and grateful child. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.